Wandsworth & Merton Adult Learning
MI Skills Development Centre works in partnership with Wandsworth Adult Lifelong Learning and Merton Adult Learning in delivering its programme to widen participation and to achieve its strategic objectives to its wider communities. Hereby supporting its residents to play a wider role in the boroughs local economy and by contributing to its Community Plan aim of promoting economic wellbeing and bridging the inequality gap.
Provision is targeted at those new to learning, with no or low levels of qualifications, and those furthest from the job market
MI Skills Development Centre provide Soft Skills, Training and Education opportunities on this provision. We currently deliver the following:
Non-Accredited Courses to Wider Community in Morden Library, Merton
Merton Provision - Non-Accredited Courses on Offer
- English Language – ESOL for Life Skills (Entry Level)
- Conversation Class
- Reading Class
- Digital Skills
- Employability Support
Accredited courses to the Wider Community in Roehampton, Wandsworth.
Wandsworth Provision - Accredited Courses on Offer
- English Language (ESOL)
- Speaking and Listening – Entry 1 – Entry 3
- Reading & Writing Entry 1 – Entry 3
- English and Maths - Entry Level to Level 2
- Basic IT and Business IT (Entry Level to Level 2)
- Business and Employability (Entry 3 – Level 1)
- You must be aged 19+ and living in the borough of Wandsworth or Merton
- You must have rights to live and work in the UK
- You must have completed Initial Assessment (Eng & Maths) Information, Advise and Guidance (IAG) with MI Skills
These courses are accredited and FREE* for learners who are either unemployed and in receipt of Benefits or Economic Inactive or earning less than or equals to £20,572.50 per annum for residence living in Greater London.
Wandsworth and Merton community programme seeks to address the soft skills, training and employment challenges faced by its residents. MI Skills Development Centre will give you the needed advice and guidance to build on the skills you already have and take the right steps to find a job or engage in training.
- 1-1 support from qualified and experienced IAG advisers
- Provision of targeted courses for adults to improve Language, Literacy and / or numeracy skills that enables learner to participate more fully socially and / or economically
- Online Job Search with Confidence/Interview techniques tips
- Tailored learning journey for all learners that enables to progress onto new opportunities
- Volunteering Opportunity
- Employer Engagement Officers finding you the best job opportunities
- Provide continued support for 6 months or more after you start work
Soft Skills You Will Achieve
Working with Others
Organisational and Planning
Progression upon Completion
- Further Accredited Learning – Next level
- City & Guilds
- Edexcel Pearson
These learning programmes are funded by the Greater London Authority and ESF where appropriate and quality assured by Wandsworth or Merton Council’s Adult Learning Service.
Whether you have been out of work for a long time, looking at improving your English language skills or Basic Skills or looking for a career change, we can help you find the course for you.