Our marketing and outreach department is looking for a Digital and Social Media candidate to join our growing team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring, and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimising our website and conducting keyword analysis.
You will assist with the implementation of our digital marketing strategy, achieving agreed content creation and engagement targets contributing to our key performance indicators, the way we measure our social media success. You will keep up to date with new digital marketing techniques and be a make a valuable contribution to the long-term development of our digital marketing strategy which is to promote and engage with people to grow their awareness of services and the organisation within the community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate all social media channels in line with our brand values and identity.
- Assist with the upkeep and review of the organisation website
- Increase the number of followers, ‘likes’ and audience engagement for our digital marketing and social media content.
- Assist with the development of digital marketing methods, e-newsletters, and offline marketing such as leaflets, posters, flyers etc.
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance, using tools such as Google analytics and others.
- Work closely with the curriculum and operations team and liaise with external organisations and designers.
Person specification and experience
- Good knowledge of digital marketing platforms and social media and their trends. This can be from your own profiles.
- Good understanding of MS office applications, particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of Adobe packages, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Video editing
- Attention to detail and excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Effective time and workload management
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Commitment to continuous improvement including own professional development
- Willingness to be flexible and dynamic as the organisation needs change
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities