Are you interested in Early Years and Childcare? We offer a Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young People's Workforce.
Entry Level Certificate in Caring for a Child/Children (Entry 3)
What you will need to get started...
We do not set any entry requirements but Centres may have their own guidelines.
Qualifications you will receive upon completion...
You will have attained an accredited qualification and can progress on to the next level. You will have the ability to apply the knowledge gained from the course to the world of work.
What you will study...
- Respecting and valuing children
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Confidence building for the young child through play
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- Individual rights and responsibilities
- Eating healthily
- Responsibilities of new parents
- Providing a safe and hygienic environment for a young child
- Contraception information
- Routines for a young child
- Play and learning in the home
Learners are able to progress onto the NCFE CACHE Entry Level Certificate in Caring for a Child/Children (Entry 3) or NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Caring for Children giving the opportunity to carry forward shared units.
Further progression opportunities will depend on the learners’ abilities, but could include a broad range of destinations in Foundation Learning including:
- Supported employment
- Independent living.