Lambeth Adult Learning (LAL) is part of Lambeth Council’s Children, Adults and Health Directorate. MI ComputSolutions works in partnership with LAL in delivering its programme to widen participation and to achieve its strategic objectives to its wider communities. MI ComputSolutions its one of the 8 subcontracted providers at 130 different venues across the borough. Provision is targeted at those new to learning, with no or low levels of qualifications, and those furthest from the job market
MI ComputSolutions provide Soft Skills, Training and Education opportunities on this provision. We currently deliver accredited and non-accredited courses to the Wider Community in Lambeth.
- You must be aged 19+ and living in the borough of Lambeth
- You must have completed Initial Assessment and IAG with MI
For most courses, there are no course fees if you are currently unemployed and receiving certain income based benefits and can sign a declaration that you need skills training to enter employment. Examples of these could be:
- Claiming JSA
- Claiming Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Claiming Income Support Allowance/WRAG
- Unemployed and NOT claiming any of the above benefits
- You are receiving Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Universal Credit
- You are the partner of someone receiving Working Tax Credit
- You are, or your partner is, receiving Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit only)
- You are an unwaged dependant (using Job Centre Plus definition)
- You are an asylum seeker receiving income based benefit/assistance, or their dependant.
Our non-accredited programme are taster programmes to help you learn new things and gain the skills you need to get a job or volunteering and to widen participation in learning and promote community social inclusion within the borough.
Course on Offer
- Computer Basics
- Digital Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Employability Support – Moving On
- English Language –ESOL for Life Skills
- Business Start-up Skills
- English Language (ESOL) – Speaking and Listening, Reading & Writing
- English and Maths _ Entry Level to Level 2
- Beginners ICT – Entry 3
- ICT for Office Skills – Level 1 to Level 2
- Skills for Care – Level 1
- Customer Service – Level 1
LAL community programme seeks to address the soft skills, training and employment challenges faced by its residents. MI ComputSolutions will give you the needed advice and guidance to build on the skills you already have and take the right steps to find a job or engage in training.
- 1-1 support from qualified and experienced IAG advisers
- Online Job Search with Confidence/Interview techniques tips
- Sector Focus Training
- Volunteering Opportunity
- Employer Engagement Officers finding you the best job opportunities
- Provide continued support for 6 months or more after you start work
Soft Skills You Will Achieve
Communication | Working with Others | Employability | Problem Solving | Organisational and Planning
Progression upon Completion
- Further Accredited Learning – Next level
- City & Guilds
- Edexcel or Pearson
These learning programmes are funded by Skills Funding Agency and Co-financed by the European Social Fund where appropriate and quality assured by Lambeth Council’s Adult Learning Service.
Whether you have been out of work for a long time, looking at improving your English language skills or are looking for a career change, we can help you find the course for you.
Apply for this Programme
We have many funders to help you
*Eligibility rule apply, if interested WHY NOT contact us