Our employment programmes target individuals from hard to reach communities and provide them with direction through a menu of services designed to assist them back into the labour market. Services include diagnostic assessment, action planning, and referral to training provision, employability skills, job search, job brokerage, interview techniques and aftercare.
Our current programmes are customised to help:
- Unemployed adults to access advice, guidance and support, and job brokerage to enable them to access employment opportunities
- Working-age people claiming out of work benefits within specific geographical locations to enable them to access employment opportunities
- Unemployed residents of social housing (particularly Lone Parents, Economically Inactive and those from BAME groups) living in some of Lewisham’s, Greenwich’s, Southwark, Lambeth, Wandsworth and Merton most deprived neighbourhoods access training and job brokerage
- Unemployed adults to access work placements and advice and guidance
- Unemployed people with health problems and/or disabilities to access employability support and sustained employment
- To support unemployed 19+ adult people with the right to work, some of whom have complex needs, through training and employability by providing information, advice and guidance on learning and work to adults
- To engage with clients on a one to one or group basis and register clients onto the employment programmes.
- To support and work closely to encourage co-operative working with other professionals from a range of support agencies such as JCP, schools, community groups and Next step etc to engage disadvantaged people into learning, training and employment.
- To promote the services MISDC provides within local communities and employers.
To understand the specific eligibility criteria of multiple projects.
- Keep accurate client files and records and produce output evidence stencils for the compilation of monitoring returns for our Funders.