This is an outward facing role for developing partnerships with local businesses, community/3rd sector groups, Housing Associations, Local Authorities and DWP to increase referrals into the programmes, engage employers and unemployed adults into learning. Matching unemployed young people and adult with those suitable employers with the aim of moving individuals into sustainable employment. The postholder will be responsible for identifying and growing existing and new business opportunities for the Adult learning and Employability provision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote all Employability and Community opportunities to referral sources such as JCP, NCS and other agencies and grassroot community to maximise learner referrals.
- Work with JCP, employers and other partners to identify and develop opportunities for traineeships and support learners to engage in work-related activity
- To attend regular strategic partners’ meetings to maintain knowledge of our offer
- Source and secure appropriate vacancies opportunities with Employers.
- Working with employers to identify job roles for jobseekers and work with employers to tailor vacancy requirements to support the needs of the applicants.
- Develop and deliver an effective on-boarding service with the aim of improving sustainability and repeat business.
- Recognise skills gap within local labour markets and support Employers with developing new ways of working
- Offer advice to both employers and participants on training and career Progression
- Develop work trials and interview guarantee schemes.
- Maintain good working links, and excellent communications, with colleagues and across partners
- Act as Single Point of Contact for Kickstart Scheme with Jobcentre Plus and other partners
- Organise and run events in the community and with employers in order to recognise the progression of existing learners and identify new opportunities for others
- Monitor the quality of current work experience placements to support learners to achieve and to support retention
- Maintenance of appropriate records and documentation.
- Maintenance of appropriate continuing professional development and general aspects of role.
- Gain and maintain a good understanding of the Adult Learning curriculum and the qualifications offered.
- To meet identified programme performance and quality targets as outlined below:
- Conversion rates: starts, jobs, sustainability, progression routes, placements.
- Number of sales calls made.
- Number of clients pre-screened.
- Number of employer/referral organisation visits.
- Weekly reporting information.
- Repeat business.
- Development of sector specific routeways work trials and guaranteed interview scheme.
- To undertake any other duties as may be deemed to be commensurate with the role
Person specification and experience
- Experience of working with demonstrable track record in a marketing or sales role, preparing and implementing campaigns
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Work creatively and innovatively when approaching new tasks or projects
- Be well organised and systematic in approach to administrative functions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Take the initiative and a solution orientated approach when resolving queries and problems.
- Ability to understand and interpret numerical and statistical information
- Positive and Energetic approach to work
- Confident communicator at all levels including students and members of the public
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide courteous and effective customer service
- Enthusiastic attitude with an appetite to learn
- Good understanding of MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to continuous improvement including own professional development
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities