There are more opportunities than ever before for those looking to work on the front line of a business and Apprenticeships in this area can lead to secure employment upon completion.
Apprentice will undertake a range of duties including greeting guest on arrival, making good first impression, dealing with reservations using office equipment and systems. Preparing guess bills and communicating information to other departments.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hospitality – Front of House Reception
This Framework QCF qualification is designed for those who are already working or would like to work in the hospitality sector as a progression route, as well as giving existing staff the opportunity to up-skills. It’s ideal for those looking to develop the skills required to work in the hospitality industry in front of house roles, which may include work in hotels, bars, restaurants or other establishments. Learners will develop generic, transferable skills valued by employers, such as effective teamwork, customer service and health and safety at work.
This qualification allows learners to develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge required when working in front of house roles within the hospitality and catering industry, such as:
- Conference and Events Operations
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Front of House Reception (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Front of House Reception) – QCF
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 1 English and Mathematics Functional Skills/GCSE
Hospitality Team Member Level 2 & 3 Apprenticeship Standard update
In light of the reforms to Apprenticeship funding, an employer-led Trailblazer group have currently finalised the development of new Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standards at levels 2 and Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship at Level 3. These Standards relate to specific roles in Hospitality settings, and after a period of running in tandem will replace the current Apprenticeship Frameworks in Hospitality (Front of House).
Further information about Apprenticeship Standards Assessment Plan can be found below:
- Summary of Assessment – Level 2
- Summary of Assessment – Level 3
- Hospitality team member standard: Assessment plan
- Hospitality supervisor apprenticeship standard: Assessment plan
Learners undertaking this qualification could progress into higher level learning, including the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Reception and Front Office Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality
- Level 3 Award/Certificate in Hospitality Business Management
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Level 3 in Hospitality Leadership
Hospitality Team Member Standards
In light of the reforms to Apprenticeship funding, an employer-led Trailblazer group are currently finalising the development of new Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standards at levels 2.
These Standards relate to specific roles in Hospitality settings, such as Receptionist, Reservations, Conference and Events Operation Concierge and after a period of running in tandem will replace the current Apprenticeship Frameworks in Hospitality. Further information about Apprenticeship Standards can be found on the Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standards page of the website.