Table of Contents
Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
These qualifications are suitable if you are working or will be working unsupervised. They will either qualify you to work with children and young people or will complement a wider programme of training.
There is also a wide range of professional development qualifications (CPD) at this Level, to support professional practice and enhance career development.
At Level 3 you should be able to use your knowledge, skills and judgement to initiate and complete semi-complex tasks and procedures (within limits). This includes being able to address problems with a level of independence. You also need to be aware of different viewpoints or approaches within your area of study or work.
This qualification is suitable for anyone who works or wants to work at a supervisory level in the children and young people’s workforce. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas and is split into two pathways:
- Social Care
- Learning and Development Support Services
How will it be assessed?
You will be assessed by your tutor/assessor using a range of methods and verified by the quality assurance Team.
- Direct observation in the workplace
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence
- Written assignments or a task set by us
- This qualification could help you progress to The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services.
- Foundation Degree.
Also provide learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in the following job roles in the care sector.
Social Care Pathway
- Supporting Teaching and Learning Workers – who visit families of pre-school children at home
- Foster Carers
- Registered Managers of Children’s Homes, plus Deputy and Assistant Managers
- Residential Childcare Workers
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service Advisers
- Community care officer
- Professional Assistant
- Family centre worker
Learning and Development Support Services Pathway
- Learning Mentor